Leaders are Readers Book Club
Date: December 13, 2022
Time: 3:30-5:00 PM
Location: Novel Taproom, 12 N Ashe Ave, Newton
Featured book: Turn the Ship Around! by L. David Marquet
Book discussion will be facilitated by Amy McCauley, Communications & Marketing Director, Catawba County
Registration is open to:
- Leadership Catawba graduates
- Anyone who wishes to increase their leadership skills, awareness and understanding
Book Club Tips:
- Book Club is free to attend and limited to 30 participants to provide conversation, dialogue and discussion.
- Participants are encouraged to read the book prior to December 13th and come ready to engage in the facilitated discussion.
- Registration deadline is December 9th, or when the event reaches capacity, whichever comes first.
Turn the Ship Around! Summary:
Turn the Ship Around! tells the story of how Captain David Marquet successfully transformed the USS Santa Fe in less than a year, from the worst-performing submarine in its fleet to the best. It presents a different approach to leadership, using a “leader-leader” model instead of a “leader-follower” model. This approach can be applied to any organization to unlock the energy and potential of people at all levels.
Leadership Catawba Alumni Book Club 1...
Date and Time
Tuesday Dec 13, 2022
3:30 PM - 5:00 PM EST
Novel Taproom, 12 N Ashe Ave, Newton
Book Club is free to attend and limited to 30 participants to provide conversation, dialogue and discussion.
Registration deadline is December 9th, or when the event reaches capacity, whichever comes first.