Applications for 2022-23 Leadership Catawba are now closed!
The Chamber of Catawba County is please to announce applications are now closed for the 2022-23 Leadership Catawba program year. Due to an overwhelming response, class capacity was reached in the first 4.5 days of applications being open. We look forward to announcing the new 2022-23 Leadership Catawba cohort later this summer.
Since 1974, Leadership Catawba has educated and equipped hundreds of Catawba County residents with information about the social, economic and political dynamics of our community.
Over the 8-month duration, participants are immersed in community issues and challenges that we position ourselves to directly address in the areas of Reinventing Community, Telling our Story, Serving our Community, Building for Jobs, Workforce Connectivity and Small Business and Entrepreneurship. The program challenges each participant not only to be an effective and influential leader within their own organization, but to lead within our greater community through personal commitment and involvement.
For Leadership Catawba questions, please contact
Vice President of Operations
Director of Leadership Catawba
2022-23 Leadership Catawba Information Packet
Leadership Catawba Quick Facts
- Leadership Catawba pulls together people of diverse backgrounds and experiences who have demonstrated leadership potential throughout our community.
- The program kicks off in August each year with a half day orientation and a full day team building retreat.
- The program runs for 6 months, September – February, one full day and one-half day each month.
- Attendance at all scheduled dates is expected. No more than 12 total hours may be missed in order to complete the program and graduate. Program dates can be found in the 2022-23 Leadership Catawba information packet.
- The 8-month program concludes with a graduation celebration in March 2023.
- Each participant graduates with approximately 16 hours of situational leadership training from a diverse array of community leaders and contracted consultants.
- Leadership Catawba participants receive a PXT Select Leadership Report and full post-analysis.
- Participants are challenged to organize and execute a group project that directly addresses a critical issue our county is facing in order to leave a sustainable impact.
- Tuition for the program is $1,195 for Chamber partners and $1,395 for the nonmembers,
- Participation is limited to thirty-five (35) class members, based on receipt of completed online applications.
- The program is limited to one (1) participant per business, ensuring the greatest exposure to other community and business leaders throughout the county. Should a second team member be interested in attending, their completed application will be placed on a wait list, pending availability.
- May 4th - Leadership Catawba Informational Meeting #1, 3:30-5:00 pm, Registration is open now
- May 10th - Leadership Catawba Informational Meeting #2, 3:30-5:00 pm, Registration is open now
- May 16th - Online applications open for 22-23 Leadership Catawba
- June 10th - Online applications close (when cohort reaches max of 35 participants or date, whichever comes first)
- A professional high-resolution headshot for marketing and promotion is due with the online application.
- Image requirements are 300 dpi at 5”w x 7”h at minimum (1500 px x 2100 px).
Leadership Catawba Application Releas...
Date and Time
Monday May 16, 2022